January 6, 2013

The Postman Files - Calendars, anyone?

Many of you know that I am a bit of a book hoarder, but I shall let you in on another secret ... I also have a bit of a thing for calendars. Let's just say, there is (at least) one in every room, including the toilet. That said, I was giddy with joy when I unpacked the lovely Christmas parcel that Rikki sent me ...

Gifted 
Fly By Night (Frances Hardinge)
from Rikki @ Rikki's Teleidoscope

And if you look close enough you'll see the two calendars Rikki aka the digital scrap-booking gal made - one is a desk calendar and the other bookmarks! How genius is that? I am already using the January bookmark and know, when I get so totally lost in my book, I still now what day it is, ha!

Thanks so much again, Rikki!

Then I also received another card from the Book Bloggers Holiday Card Exchange hosted by Judith from Leeswammes' Blog.

A big thank you goes out to 
Rosemary @ No Charge Book Bunch!

Yep, that is all for today, folks! As some might remember I put myself on a book buying ban in December and the weeks went by like a breeze. Of course for this year my goal is not to buy more than six books each month, which means I behaved. So far.

10 comments:

  1. :) I am quite familiar with the bookmarks myself... As for the ban, after tomorrow (when I will order Damage) I am planning on not buying anything till April. Let's see if it works :)
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it, Ally! Where there's a will (and no bookstore) there's a way! Besides, we both have enough unread books to last us the next decade (or maybe that's just me).

      Delete
  2. I'm a bit rubbish with calendars, I bought a Pride & Prejudice & Zombies one last year to put in release dates and blogging events and forgot about it after about 1 week! Oh I want to read Fly by Night too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not great with keeping calendar's up to date either. So, as long as they are pretty decoration that's enough for me!

      Delete
  3. I loved Fly By Night, and I really need to read the sequel, but it just hasn't happened yet. Hope you like it, looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're going to love the sequel! I read it first which is why I needed the first book on my TBR piles too.

      Delete
  4. I want to read anything by Francis Hardinge. I heard so many great things about her books! Love your cards and bookmarks, Birgit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a fantastic author!! I read two of her books last year and loved them both so much! You will not be disappointed, I promise.

      Delete
  5. The book looks better on the picture than I remember it, :). Glad you liked all the calendars. I must be psychic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a soft focus lens on it - that way anything looks more pretty! Just teasing! And it's true, the calendar thing is a bit spooky ...

      Delete