February 16, 2013

Pajama Musings - It's time. Again.

Apparently it's that time of year again. You know the one where snow may still fall yet mild temps make snowdrops appear in gardens. The time when hibernation is soon coming to an end. Or so you should think.

Anyway. Some of you might remember that I went on a hiatus for a full month early last year. Not to say this is becoming some kind of tradition here, but I have decided to step back a little from daily blogging and go on a semi-hiatus for at least a month, most likely two. The main reason being that I need a little more time for other things in my life right now, plus I do feel a bit burned out from my daily book blogging rut as well.

What does this whole semi-hiatus thing mean? First of all, I've still got a handful of posts scheduled for the next two weeks, my hiatus will not start immediately but in early March. Secondly, I will still be blogging, just a whole lot less than you're used to. Basically all my usual Sunday posts will go up as usual. That includes The Reading Files and The Postman Files as well as updates for both reading challenges I'm hosting and the occasional review too. As I've also signed up for a few giveaways along the way, those should additionally keep you all entertained.

And afterwards? I am not quite sure how to go from there, but right now I am seriously contemplating generally cutting down on book blogging to make room for other adventures in my life. Nothing is definite yet, so who knows how things will turn out. Not to worry though, I love this blog and I have no intention of giving it up completely.

I shall leave you with the words of Nina Sankovitch, author of Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading.

My hiatus is over, my soul and body are healed, but I will never leave the purple chair for long. So many books waiting to be read, so much happiness to be found, so much wonder to be revealed.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to make myself comfy in my own purple chair.

10 comments:

  1. as long as you don't stop completely you can blog as frequently as you want and still have me as a follower ^^ don't worry

    so take the time you need to make what give you joy and pleasure ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry - I will not disappear completely! :-)

      Delete
  2. Totally understandable. I am wondering how you have been doing it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously wondering about that myself. Well, I have been scheduling a lot of posts in advance, at least "the fillers" were easy enough to prepare in bulk.

      Delete
  3. Birgit, enjoy your time away from blogging! We will be here, waiting for you to tell us about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not straying off my path completely, so I'm sure that many, including you, will not be all that surprised by the new lands I plan to discover. Well, I'll let you know more in a little while ...

      Delete
  4. I understand completely. Sometimes, we over-commit ourselves. Take some time away and then when you are ready to come back, don't force yourself to stick to a strict schedule. It should be fun, afterall. When it becomes a chore, it's time to step back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Somehow it got just too much now and that takes away the fun which is never a good sign. So a bloggity break it is!

      Delete
  5. I totally understand! Posted something similar myself when 2013 started. I have no idea how I was keeping my blog going some days...with a full time job and other stuff it wasn't easy.

    The schedule function is a huge friend now ;) I am doing more reading and just writing the reviews when I have time and just setting them up to post automagically!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun. I can't imagine doing a blog as you do every day. I can see where some R&R is definitely necessary. Well, I am thankful for you as I started reading all the books I have purchased over the years but because of many reasons never got a chance to read until now. Bon Voyage to you whatever you decide to do on your much needed vacation.

    ReplyDelete