March 31, 2013

THIS ISN'T FICTION Reading Challenge


It's time for our monthly update post to this challenge! Already? Why yes! I certainly hope this didn't throw anyone into a state of panic, unless of course you haven't even got started on your first book *shame on you* because then you really should jump head first (maybe make that eyes first) into your non-fictiony book stack section.

Before I get started a few words to all the challenge newbies. There is still a small but steady trickle of new faces *yay* and admittedly I'm a bit behind with visiting everyone's blogs and/or sign-up posts, so I'm taking this opportunity today to welcome you all on board!

Now, what about my progress so far? I've been a very good reader again this month. I managed to read eight books for the challenge, bringing my current total to fourteen. That means only six more to go and I'll have made it to the highest level. Very proud of self.

So, which books did I read this month? For the records, I decided to skip those lined up for review, and finally got started on my own non fiction reads which have sadly been gathering dust over the months (and years). Somehow it seemed easier to just read them now instead of cleaning them, you know.

Forever, Erma (Erma Bombeck)
A Big Little Life (Dean Koontz)
The Book Lovers' Companion (Lionel Shriver)
The Art of Travel (Alain de Botton)
Surviving the Angel of Death (Eva Mozes Kor and Lisa Rojany Buccieri)
The Best of Bombeck (Erma Bombeck)

In case you think I counted wrong, yes, those are eight books, because the last Erma Bombeck is an Omnibus Edition including At Wit's End, Just Wait Until You Have Children of Your Own and I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression. Come to think of it, I've been on quite a roll with America's favorite humorist, haven't I?

As to my plans for next month I plan to read some of my books for review which, as it turns out, have equally been gathering dust. Maybe I need a maid. Or I could move to a place with less dust pollution.

By the way, you may still sign up for the challenge and get acquainted with the general rules over HERE.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next dates will thus be April 28th, June 2nd, and June 30th.

Obviously I'm going to assume that everyone's well on their way in this challenge. So tell me, which non fiction books have you read last month? In case there are any other lover's of Erma's work out there, I'd love hearing from you. And now, comment away!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely, I have already reached my level and probably have to up it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 non-fiction books in March:
    Death in the Long Grass by Peter Capstick
    Queen of the Oddballs by Hillary Carlip
    Electrified Sheep by Alex Boese

    ReplyDelete