April 28, 2013

TEA & BOOKS Reading Challenge


Why hello May (ok, it's more like the end of April, but anyway)!

No need for me to remind us all, including myself, that we should be well into the challenge by now, right? Focus on your chosen level, then add up the books you've read for it, and unless you can't claim to have read a third of the tomes needed, well ... what are you waiting for?

Myself, I am still sitting quite comfy on the first level, and with two more heavy books (or one super-tome, I really haven't decided just yet) to go for the next level, I can actually relax a wee bit longer. Of course by summer I really want to get started on finishing the rest of the books I need, but until then I am doing my best impression of a lazy bum. I might keep on drinking tea though. Not as though that would count in the challenge, but oh well.

In case you've been wondering - yes, you may still sign up for the challenge and get acquainted with the general rules over HEREIn case you already read a tome that qualifies for this challenge during the first part of 2013, that book will of course count towards your chosen level.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next dates will thus be June 2nd, and June 30th.

Have you been just as lazy as yours truly or did you get some heavy tome read this month? Please share!

15 comments:

  1. I am half way done (easy enough when I only committed to 2 books!). I have a rule question: I am considering a biography of Eleanor Roosevelt which was published in 2 volumes. Each volume is just over 500 pages. If I read both volumes does that count as one book toward this challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question - the answer is, yes!

      Delete
    2. Excellent! My 2nd chunkster for the year will be Eleanor Roosevelt by Blanche Wiesen Cook (volumes 1 &2)

      Delete
  2. I am a little more than half way through my third book. Although, I do feel a bit like I'm cheating since I'm reading a series so it's easy to just keep moving right along with these big fat tomes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not cheating, especially if it works for you. In fact, as Geoff pointed out below, it seems to be quite a smart move!

      Delete
  3. You're not cheating Jenifer! You're doing it the smart way, that's what I did last year and it was SO much easier! And you're not lazy Birgit, you're just wallowing in the beauty that is a tome and a cuppa. :-D

    I've finished two of my selected books and read an additional book so I'm at 50% of my expected with an extra book on top. So with my remaining two books, Les Miserables being well over the 1200 mark, I should bump up to the Earl Gray Aficionado level which is good because I prefer Earl Gray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wallowing ... you see right through me, Geoff! And I must admit, I prefer Earl Grey too, so when I'm done with this wallowing-thing, maybe I will get my British tea time treat too.

      Delete
  4. I am halfway, and read the first book of the two I was going to do. Anna Karenina is in the version I read 935 pages long. I read this book for another challange as well, but that is allright, isn't it?

    Good to see others made progress as well!
    I will try t read my other book during the Summer holidays, plenty of time then.

    kind regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books read for this challenge may absolutely cross over with other challenges!

      Delete
  5. I'm three-quarters of the way to the Berry Tea Level, with 3 books read. I finished the last book during the first week of April, so it's time I started another - maybe one of my non-fiction tomes, so that would count towards the This Isn't Fiction challenge as well. I'm not doing very well with that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading books that qualify for both challenges, now that's smart! I don't think I own any non--fiction tomes though, darn it!

      Delete
  6. This month I read 2 big books. The Other Boleyn Girl with 672 and Angels & Demons with 713 pages. Still need 2 more books this year to meet my goal for the Earl Grey level but I have them lined up already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is impressive! I guess I better get a move on with my own tomes ...

      Delete
  7. Hi! I've discovered a wonderful green tea with peppermint this month and I've read The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco for the challenge (http://irrelevant-scribble.blogspot.cz/2013/05/the-name-of-rose-by-umberto-eco.html). It's 851 pages with the commentary section, 600 and something without, but I read all the commentaries anyway, so I think this counts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tea sounds delicious and yes, reading the commentaries definitely counts towards the 650+ pages needed.

      Delete