April 28, 2013

THIS ISN'T FICTION Reading Challenge


Look at that! April has come and gone (well, almost)!

Needless to say, with four months into the year, you all are hopefully aware how many books you should have read by now! Rule of thumb being that the number of books of chosen level divided by three should amount to what you've already read. If not, go away and read! I mean in!

While I've been a bit of a slacker in my other reading challenge, I did read four books for this one, yay!

Vivid & Continuous (John McNally)
Why We Write (Meredith Maran)
Holy Sh*t (Melissa Mohr)
A Slap in the Face (William B. Irvine)

This brings me to the grand total of eighteen books read *woot* which means that two more to go and I will have reached my chosen level! Of course I'm a bit of a non-fiction fanatic, so let my soaring numbers not discourage you in any way. 

Next month I will stick to reading fiction as my book stacks have more to offer than stuff that isn't fiction. Still, I intend to finish the challenge by the end of June. Not to say I will quit reading non-fiction in the second half of the year, but I already signed up for the highest level, so there is no upgradeability I could make use of.

And of course you may still sign up for the challenge and get acquainted with the general rules over HEREIn case you already read books that qualify for this challenge during the first part of 2013, those books will of course count towards your chosen level.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next dates will thus be June 2nd, and June 30th.

How did your month of non-fiction reading go? Please share!

6 comments:

  1. I have a total of 5 non-fiction books read so far, so I am doing pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you're half way to your chosen level, woohoo!

      Delete
  2. I just started Jack & Jackie by Christopher Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not reading biographies that often, but this one sounds interesting to me! Happy reading, Karen!

      Delete
  3. Jack & Jackie by Christopher Anderson was published in 1996. Older book but I am sure it could be found on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops - I didn't read any non-fiction in April! And I'm behind with reaching my target of 15 books, with just 3 read so far.

    ReplyDelete