May 10, 2013

Non-Fiction Discoveries

This week's edition is for those who like to show their stomachs some love. Not to worry, I'm not talking about one of those torture aka fitness books. I'm talking food and booze ...

Some people are nursing a tea or coffee while reading. Others need stronger stuff. It might depend on the kind of book too.

The Drunken Botanist: The Plants that Create the World's Great Drinks (Amy Steward)
Publ. March 19th 2013 - HC
Algonquin Books

I've always been a big fan of reading about history from different angles. This one sounds delicious to me!

A History in Food in 100 Recipes (William Sitwell)
Publ. June 18th 2013 - HC
Little, Brown and Company

And when all else fails, how 'bout a sip of wine while reading this inspirational memoir about family and food!

Bread & Wine: Finding Community and Life Around the Table (Shauna Niequist)
Publ. April 9th 2013 - HC
Zondervan

8 comments:

  1. Something about these 3 book covers... They look really attractive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty covers are always a bonus! Plus they are usually what catch the reader's attention in the first place.

      Delete
  2. The Drunken Botanist sounds interesting and I really like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one gives new meaning to the phrase "Book Drunkard"!

      Delete
  3. I actually have The Drunken Botanist on hold at the library right now, since it's been on my TBR list for a while. It looks like such a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I saw the last one on Netgalley, but as I already had a few books still waiting I didn't want to get yet another cookbook. It looked wonderful. Love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put the blame on the covers too when I end up requesting a book. BTW I decided to put reviews on hold for the time being (except for the shorties each Sunday), though if I would request one of the lot I'd settle for "The Drunken Botanist".

      Delete