May 26, 2013

The Reading Files - I seriously should've bought the Kindle version ...

Not much to tell about my adventures in reading this week. At least I have no finished books to report. What I got started on though must be the heaviest tome I've read to date - Limit by Frank Sch├Ątzing which qualifies for the Tea & Books Reading Challenge in all possible ways.
It's got 1.200+ pages (thus counting as two books, yay) and it weighs 2.5 pounds which gives new meaning to heavy literature. And it's not just on the weighty side it's also big. Big as in other books would have the same amount of text that's on one page here spread out over two pages which, come to think of it, makes this a 2.400+ pages tome. That also pretty much explains why I only made it to page 400, give or take a page. Anyway, I hope to finish that thing off by the end of June, so I might throw in a couple smaller volumes to keep me going during the next few weeks. Unless my wrist gives out again, of course. Yep, I hurt myself reading that thing, how sad is that?

6 comments:

  1. At least you have use it for self defense. I think I nearly bought this book...I am so glad I didn't at that length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind the length so much, but so far ... judging from the narrative the author apparently likes to hear himself talk - far too many words, nothing essential happening. Yet, on a positive note, you're right, a very effective weapon!

      Delete
  2. Isn't that the guy who wrote Der Schwarm? I gave that to my mom and she hated it. Never touched him since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's the one and to add insult to injury I also have "Der Schwarm" somewhere on my TBR piles *sigh*.

      Delete
  3. Just don't drop this book on the floor- your downstairs neighbors might not appreciate that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is an achievment. Congrats to you. I am starting Coolidge by Amity Shlaes. It will be awhile on this one as it has almost 500 pages.

    ReplyDelete