June 2, 2013

THIS ISN'T FICTION Reading Challenge


Welcome to another update (make that a quick one at that) for this reading challenge!

As I already promised last time, I did not read any non fiction books this month. The reason? Actually there are two reasons - I already read a total of eighteen books for this challenge and I got started on one giant tome of a book for my Tea & Books Reading Challenge.

My plans for this month will take me back to more non fiction though. After all, wouldn't it be nice if I managed to reach my chosen level by the end of June. I could even make this a double-challenge and read twenty more by the end of December. What can I say? This gal loves her non fiction fare!

Just in case you recently discovered your passion for non fiction, feel free to sign up for the challenge and get acquainted with the general rules over HEREIn case you already read books that qualify for this challenge during the first part of 2013, those books will of course count towards your chosen level.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next date will be June 30th.

What have you read for this challenge in May? How many more books do you need to read for your level? Maybe you're already considering to upgrade to the next one? Comment away!

7 comments:

  1. I've read on book this month - A Time of Gifts:On Foot to Constantinople - From the Hook of Holland to the Middle Danube by Patrick Leigh Fermor. This brings my grand total of non-fiction to 4, way below my target of 15!! I've a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be a wee bit behind, but you still have time to catch up, don't worry! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I have read a total of 7 books and I have just started the 8th one, which is quite great (Short Treatise of Inner Life)In May I read two non-fiction books, both written by Romanian authors, one is about a famous monk, the other one about how to feel dignified, and I met its famous author in my town mid May, and of course I got an autograph for both the books I own :) Yaay! I am pretty sure I will read more than 10 non-fiction books this year, so I will let you know when it is time to upgrade me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to that (the reading AND meeting the author and getting autographs)! You're being an awfully good non-fiction reader, my dear! And yes, I can see an upgrade for you in the near future ... :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Birgit, thanks for stopping over at my blog and commenting, re my non-fiction spotlight feature, much appreciated. As I've said over there too, I hadn't realised you were running this, I am online a lot less at the moment thatn I used to be and not keeping up with blogs as well as I might have in the past. But anyway I think it's a great challenge, well done for setting it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many blogs, so little time ... besides, as you already noticed, readers are more than welcome to still sign up for the challenge, so all is well in non-fiction land. Of course I'm expecting an upgrade by September, because I think you're more than just Kindergarten material. ;-)

      Delete
  4. PS Thank you for the option to still sign up, I have done, belatedly!

    ReplyDelete