June 30, 2013

THIS ISN'T FICTION Reading Challenge


Have you noticed? Half time, folks! Let's take a look back at the last six month and risk a glance onto the next six months, shall we?

Maybe not that unexpectedly, after all I do read a lot of non fiction books, I really managed to reach my level about a week ago. As I signed up for the College level which means reading 20+ books this means I can't even upgrade, but never fear, I certainly won't resort to reading fiction only the rest of the year.

I bet you're curious about what exactly I read, so here's the list of books:
Moranthology (Caitlin Moran)
The Wisdom of Psychopaths (Kevin Dutton)
100 Places You Will Never Visit (Daniel Smith)
A Curious Invitation (Suzette Field)
Can We Travel Through Time? (Michael Brooks)
Paranormality (Richard Wiseman)
Forever, Erma (Erma Bombeck)
A Big Little Life (Dean Koontz)
The Book Lovers' Companion (Lionel Shriver)
The Art of Travel (Alain de Botton)
Surviving the Angel of Death (Eva Mozes Kor and Lisa Rojany Buccieri)
The Best of Bombeck (Erma Bombeck) - This Omnibus Edition includes three of her books!
Vivid & Continuous (John McNally)
Why We Write (Meredith Maran)
Holy Sh*t (Melissa Mohr)
A Slap in the Face (William B. Irvine)
Black Cats & Evil Eyes (Chloe Rhodes)
You Are Not So Smart (David McRaney)

What can I say? Very proud of self. Now I wonder if I can really outdo myself and add another twenty books to this list by the end of the year? We shall see.

Curious about who else is participating in the challenge? Go here.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next date will be August 4th.

How did you do during the first half of the year? Are you ahead or have you fallen behind with the amount of books you plan to tackle? Please share!

6 comments:

  1. Now that's a lot of non-fiction book, Birgit! You outdid yourself :))
    Anyway, I would like to upgrade (again) to 15 books, since I finished reading ten already and I do have more plans for others... Yaaay to us :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay to us indeed! I already noted your upgrade in the list!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I'm not doing very well with this challenge and have only managed to read 4 non-fiction books so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the year isn't over yet, you can still do it!

      Delete
  3. Great accomplishment! I read a lot of non-fictional book for my study, but I never found it a punishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, I always liked non fiction too!

      Delete