July 3, 2013

Beyond the Shelf

Time to revisit some sites no blogger and/or reader can (or should) go without!

Catalogued
Goodreads ... launched in 2007 Goodreads has become the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Just add all the books you own, have read, plan to read, write reviews, browse lists,  answer trivia questions, participate in reading challenges, chat in groups, and if there's time left, read the book you were lucky enough to win in the First Reads giveaways.

Classified
Don't classify me, read me. I'm a writer, not a genre.
Carlos Fuentes

Recorded
LibraryThing ... created in 2006 LibraryThing is yet another online service to help people catalog their books easily. It's about quality cataloging, book-geekery, and of course, libraries. Available in more than half a dozen languages, with unique features such as book haikus and legacy libraries, all wrapped in the trademark "dead salmon  color".

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree Goodreads and LibraryThing are probably the best sites out there, however I'd like to flag up ReadItSwapIt http://www.readitswapit.co.uk/TheLibrary.aspx a great site for swapping books. I came off anobii as I found it was way behind and although I have been persuaded to stay with BookRabbit again they don't keep titles up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Goodreads! Used to be a huge Bookcrosser over on Bookcrossing but now I only use that site if I really do release any books (mostly Kindle versions read now so....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was glad when i discovered goopread even if my list there aren't up to date and to be honest i never won there either^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Goodreads, use that website everyday. Didn't know the other one though :)

    ReplyDelete