August 23, 2013

Non-Fiction Discoveries

If memory serves me right, my mind never seems to remember the important stuff ...

To be able to dream in the same state of awareness as you experience while wide awake? That's lucid dreaming for you. And let's face it, creating the dreams of your dreams, so to say, is quite appealing.

A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics (Dylan Tuccillo, Jared Zeizel, Thomas Peisel)
Publ. September 10th 2013 - PBK
Workman Publishing Company

As much as I've heard about Alzheimer, I neither read about the subject before nor do I actually know anyone afflicted with it. Could you get a deeper insight than with a memoir by the daughter sharing her mother's decline in face of this decease?

The Geography of Memory: A Pilgrimage Through Alzheimer's (Jeanne Murray Walker)
Publ. September 3rd 2013 - HC
Center Street

Memory and movies. Memory and literature. Now, this book certainly isn't about how much you recall from the movie/book you just watched/read, but explores the nature of memory in these fields. Sounds intriguing!

The Memory Effect: The Remediation of Memory in Literature and Film (Russell Kilbourn and Eleanor Ty, Ed.)
Publ. August 16th 2013 - HC
Wilfrid Laurier University Press

1 comment:

  1. I'm fascinated by memory so these books are going on my Books to be Checked list.

    ReplyDelete