August 18, 2013

The Reading Files - Down the Mississippi ...

Surprising myself more than anyone else I decided for an upgrade in the Tea & Books Reading Challenge and will now read two more tomes to reach the Earl Grey Aficionado level. This time I did not pick a super-tome, yet 760+ pages aren't all that shabby either ...

Blood Memory (Greg Isles)

Thoughts. Trying to help solve vicious murders Cat's own private battles soon reveal a horrible connection to those crimes. The story line was truly compelling and certainly not for the fainthearted. Yet somehow I never really warmed up to the heroine and the author's voice is, how to put it, rather bland.

Random quote. "I already know why my father was killed."
"You don't. You don't know anything."
(p. 421)

Verdict. A disturbing thriller of family secrets and incest!

1 comment:

  1. I am planning on reading more thrillers till the end of the year, since I guess i have been reading way too much non - fiction :)

    ReplyDelete