August 4, 2013

THIS ISN'T FICTION Reading Challenge


As the year drags on and the heat throws everyone into a reading slump I thought I wouldn't nag about anyone falling behind in the challenge (not to worry, 'cause I shall do so come October) and instead share some stats about this reading challenge with you.

38% Kindergarten (5 books)
19% Elementary School (10 books)
14% High School (15 books)
29% College (20 or more books)

Nope these aren't drop-put rates, you silly things - this shows how many of you signed up for the individual levels. Interestingly most signed up for the lowest level, closely followed by the highest. Guess that shows that both reluctant and establish non-fiction readers decided to give it a go.

With only 21 participants the challenge is on the small-scale side, but that's fine too. Surprisingly only two readers aren't book bloggers, but both signed up for the highest level right off the bat.

As far as upgrades to higher levels are concerned I think I remember two of you volunteered which is awesome. When it comes to commenting on the monthly updates most are a bit lazy, though it's always nice to see familiar names pop up in the comment section, thus I shall give two of you an honorary mention today: Ally from Snow Feathers and Margaret from BooksPlease

Curious about who is participating in the challenge? Go here.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next date will be September 1st.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! And I'm quite pleased with my progress in July because I read two non-fiction, but as I'm aiming to read 15 for the year I still haven't reached halfway. I read Searching for The Secret River by Kate Grenville and Agatha Christie: an English Mystery by Laura Thompson - the first book very good, the second one not so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still lots of time, and when all else fails just let me know so I can constantly remind (aka nag) you to pick up the next non fiction book! :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Birgit, thanks for mentioning me in the post! I feel proud of my accomplishments, bookwise :)) Anyway, I finished reading the 15th non-fiction book, so I will go for the final level, since I still have so many fiction books I want to read and so much time till the end of the year. (doing the chicken dance :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow you started out with the first level and now look at you! I'm really proud of you, girl! And now I want to see a photo or better yet a video of you doing the chicken dance! :-D

      Delete