September 1, 2013

TEA & BOOKS Reading Challenge


Not so long ago we had half-time and look at that - two thirds of the year are already history and I sure hope you all put it to good use. Just remember, as you are nearing the end of your pocket calendars, so should you near the end of the tome you're currently reading. And if you're not currently reading one, what are you waiting for?

I'm happy to say that I listened to the little angel on my shoulder (it helped that the angel knocked out the devil on my other shoulder with a heavy tome) and went for an upgrade to the next level. I'm now officially trying myself on the Earl Grey Aficionado level and even more so I already finished one of the two books I will need to achieve this goal - Blood Memory (Greg Isles). Not sure about which chunkster to tackle next, because it looks as though I have way too many books that fall short of a few *cough* fifty to hundred *cough* pages. If all else fails ... book shopping, yay!

Curious about who is participating in the challenge? Go here.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next date will be October 27th (due to my absence in September).

Which tomes did you read this month? How far along are you in this challenge? Feeling the need to upgrade (or maybe downgrade, haha, just joking)? Please share.

6 comments:

  1. I'd already reached my target level but I read The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett this month - 1,076 pages!! Just one more book and I'll get to the Earl Grey Aficionado level - hurray! I'm not sure what I'll read next, maybe have a rest from long books in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still at 5 books for my Earl Grey level... BUT I have two books planned for this month ( my vacation finally) with 650+ pages. The one is Nos4A2 by Joe Hill and the other I am Pilgrim. I hope I get enough time to read them both and will be stopping by at the end of the month for the update :D

    Good luck with picking up new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I read Wives and Daughters in summer, which means I've read 6 big books this year... I'm on Sencha Connoisseur level, so I still need two, but I guess one half of One Thousand and One Nights (around 1500 pages that I've read this year, with the whole book being 3700 pages long!) will count for two :)

    I've recently acquired a special mate bowl, and this helps me survive a lot of long books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I have completed my goals for this year and am heading for Berry Tea Devotee, as I finished Crime & Punishment earlier this year, finished A Game of Thrones (850 pages of it), started working on The Count of Monte Cristo, and still working on War & Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I conquered Les Miserables last month and it was a struggle! But it counted as a double and puts me up a level when I read my final tome of War and Peace between now and the end of the year. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finished my first one finally: New York by Edward Rutherfurd at 1026 pages.

    ReplyDelete