October 27, 2013

THIS ISN'T FICTION Reading Challenge


Welcome back to reading everything that isn't fiction! And even though this might sound like fiction (dystopian at that) I did not stick my nose into any non-fiction books since the last update.

Having already reached the highest level in this challenge by reading a total of 22 books I figured a little break would be totally ok. Maybe I could go ahead and come up with a suitable name for yet another level, but what is there really after College? You'd probably raise your eyebrows if I came up with a catchy title like, say, the Waitress level, right? Looking at the current economy and all it wouldn't be all too far fetched though. *cough*.

Of course this doesn't mean I won't be reading any non-fiction books during the rest if the year. In fact, I'm already ogling two books which I purchased in a Kindle sale not too long ago. So I might just devour those next week. And if all else fails, I went on a tiny book-buying splurge this week which means a handful of not-necessarily-fictitious reads will soon be making their way to my doorstep too.

Curious about who is participating in the challenge? Go here.

Updates for the challenge will be posted regularly on Sundays near the end/beginning of a month and the next date will be December 1st.

How far along are you in this challenge? Maybe you've even managed to reach your chosen level by now? Any non-fiction reads you can recommend to this old non-fiction aficionado? Comment below.

4 comments:

  1. I've read 2 non-fiction books since September's update - still way behind my target with just 9 books read, I don't think I'll reach 20!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry yourself over the numbers you should still read and celebrate those you did read! One more book and you'll be on the Elementary School level which is a great achievement too, so don't stress too much and enjoy your non fiction!

      Delete
  2. I hit my goal now and have gone over. I don't think I'm going to make it to the next level but there is always hope (and a whole month left) so I shall see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on reaching your chosen level and hey, who knows how many more non fiction reads will cross your path by the end of December! ;-)

      Delete