December 1, 2013

The Sunday Book Branch


the reading nook
And before you start rolling your eyes let me assure you that this is the last time of getting cozy with murders this month. All right, let's say the last for the rest of the year. Better? As I still had a number of single books from various series sitting on the shelf I put together a tasty reading menu. Overall the cozies were of the average sort (which is good) yet none made me feel like picking up more books from the series (which is a shame).
P.S.: If I had to pick a fav among the three I'd go for the cookies!

One Bad Apple (Sheila Connolly) / Crops And Robbers (Paige Shelton) / The Christmas Cookie Killer (Livia J. Washburn)
the writing desk
So I though about how much I used to write on my blog and now that everything has been reduced to these Sunday shorties, you're probably shocked/disappointed/surprised/etc to hear that I'm considering to go into full hiatus mode for a little while. No plan to completely stop writing (or reading, mind you), but somehow blogging has lost its allure in recent months, so a break will do both of us (me and my blog) good. Not filing for divorce yet, which is good, right?

Goodreads
the wishing tree
I confess, it was the cover that first pulled me in. Contrary to what some might think, Shaping Humanity isn't about pretty pics of hairy apes, but showcases our ancient human ancestors offering a fascinating journey down the path of human evolution with a visual focus on what earlier humans really looked like. Think paleontology meets forensics!



the book hoarder
No books for me this week, then again, after my recent haul (see last week's post) that's better anyway. Maybe I'll even celebrate the four-weeks-of-not-buying-books *insert Twelve-Days-of-Christmas tune*. Or maybe not. There's no sense in playing hard to get when it comes to chocolate-covered gingerbread and acquiring new books. Not in December, anyway.

the literary mind
Now that December has come around I can't help but dream of A) a white Christmas and b) a bookish Advent-calendar. Seriously, wouldn't that be neat, in fact, more than neat, it'd be totally awesome! Every day a book or maybe a journal or a bookmark or anything that makes the book-lover's heart beat faster. Who needs one of those old-fashioned chocolate filled calendars anyway? Well, all right, they are yummy, obviously, but books beat sweets every time. What bookish surprises would you like to find in an Advent-calendar?

No comments:

Post a Comment