July 9, 2014

How to be a writer!

Most importantly? Write. But there's more to it than that. Ask a dozen authors and you'll get a dozen answers. The Los Angeles Times went one step further and asked more than 200 writers all kinds of writerly questions in a survey and made their responses into an online board game.



It's only a stone throw from getting your first library card to Scorsese making a movie based on your book. Or not. Instead you might find yourself in an endless loop of writer's block until you finally end up writing an essay about the death of the book. But let's not get ahead of ourselves and take a look at my result now. Shakespeare ... my oh my, I think I'm feeling seriously flattered.

Now go ahead and roll the die! And don't forget to share your result with me!

5 comments:

  1. 23 i'm Ayn Rand i have avid fans but even more critics........ now if only i knew who Ayn Rand is^^;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. new attempt ( just to see) and i progress i have 50 and i'm william shakespeare a writers for age s( what a dream^^)

      Delete
    2. Hey, you beat my score of 47, not bad! ;-)

      P.S.: I heard about Ayn Rand before, but admittedly I haven't read anything by her.

      Delete
  2. Hi, found your blog interesting and would like some information on submitting my book "The Caregivers" for your review?
    Thank you in advance.
    joev45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I'm currently not accepting any review requests for lack of time, but you will find other suitable blogs on these websites:
      http://bookbloggerlist.com/submit-listing/
      http://bookbloggerdirectory.wordpress.com/
      Best of luck with your book!

      Delete