September 8, 2014

Monday Five's - Revealing the unread skeletons in my closet!

So many books, so little time. Sometimes we put off picking up certain books until we are no longer able to find them underneath the dust of a decade. Then, of course, are those we tell ourselves to finally buy or get from the library, but somehow we never get around to doing that. Either way, the bottom line is that our best laid plans to read them have been foiled by ... errr, other books. As much as I prefer to think along the lines of the wine-gets-better-with-age analogy there needs to be an end in sight. Maybe a confession on my part will help. Without further ado I present to you my Hall-of-(unread-books)-Shame!


I
A Christmas Carol
Charles Dickens

II
Fahrenheit 451
Ray Bradbury

III
Walden
Henry David Thoreau

IV
The Time Machine
H.G. Wells

V
Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen

As you can see, these are mostly classics and no publications of recent years of which, as I'd like to add, quite a handful will inevitably find their way here too if I don't get a faster read on. Still, as I'd really love to catch up on reading some of the oldies but goldies, I promised myself that these five books shall be read by yours truly by the end of 2015. Cross my bookmarks and hope not to get a paper-cut!

Which bookish skeletons are hiding on your shelves? Did my confession inspire you to read them rather sooner then later? Please share.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Pride and Prejudice AND The Time Machine? You'll have to read them at some point, I loved them both! I'm not sure what I'd list on mine, probably Ulysses is the biggest, and more American classics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this is bad. *hangs head in shame* I promise to better myself and finally get my read on.

      Delete