November 17, 2014

Monday Five's - Why I'd rather read on a Kindle than a physical book! (Part II)

Last week I let you in on why I prefer to hold an actual book in my hands, the kind that trees had to die for. While my reasons for this more traditional approach to reading described in Part I are something not easily surpassed by an eReader, these sleek gadgets do have a thing or two going for them too. I guess what it all boils down to is that I do like them both, each for different reasons. Now why is that? Here are my main reasons why eReading rocks.


I
The storage of a gazillion books that don't take up any physical space.

II
The ease with which you can read 1.200+ pages monster tomes.

III
The gratification of instant downloads.

IV
The option to change font sizes.

V
The forests that don't get chopped down to make books.*
*Though, admittedly, I have no clue how "environmentally friendly" the production of an eReader is.

Do you prefer reading on an eReader or are you a die-hard fan of physical books? What advantages do you appreciate about a Kindle or Nook? And if you had to choose to only read physical books or eBooks, which would you go for? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. sometimes ( quite oten) ebook are more expensive than printed one from my location^^ and if it helps with your eyes for me it's teh opposite ( and i read more slowly even on a compututer screen) so for me so far: printed book win without a doubt

    but one advantge of ebook is the rapidity to get them yes( then it can become a disavantage ( buy too many or even with free ones get too many and not read them)

    ReplyDelete